... fabled land of good food, iconic landmarks and hidden landscapes.
On the morning of June 6, 1944, “Operation Overlord,” history’s largest military operation, commenced as 6000 ships and boats landed on Normandy’s northern beaches. 135,000 soldiers from the USA, UK, Canada and elsewhere began to recapture French soil from the clutches of the Nazi occupation. History would record this as D-Day. Come explore this small section of France that changed the course of history.
As you land in France you will enter into Europe’s fabled land of good food, iconic landmarks and hidden landscapes. Live in at a monastery in the western borderlands of Normandy. Your home will be a magnificent green setting typical of Normandy. In quiet and silence, this community welcomes us for a time of retreat, recollection, and rest. Finish your trip in the magical city of Lights, Paris, and partake of some of history’s greatest icons.
- Spend some time singing with the monks in an ancient abbey.
- Think on what courage and sacrifice truly is as you visit the D-Day beaches.
- Visit one of the greatest Christian sites in the world, Mount Saint Michel.
- Take a dip in the Atlantic on a beautiful beach.
- Relive history and learn how Normandy has been on the hinges of history.
- Visit several iconic sites instead of just seeing them in pictures.
- Serve at a monastery and learn a different rhythm of life.
- Help with homeless ministry in the bustling city of Paris.
- Work on an environmental beautification project.